Wednesday 11 January 2023

The Light




This watercolour was chosen as a suitable image for an old frame I wanted to use. At first, it looked as though it was going to work really well.














That was before I realised that the watercolour paper was not long enough to fit the frame.










I cut a canvas to fit the frame and added a top and bottom to the image. 















I was going to use a mount, but realised that it would cut too much off the width of the image of the Lighthouse. So I continued the light upwards, and the shadows downwards, to fill the space of the frame. As my daughter pointed out, the unframed version was a much finer image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...