Saturday 11 December 2021

Day 3 Alf's portrait

 




I really am learning as I go along.  I've started to make adjustments to the shape of the face, by constantly refering to both the black and white and coloured photos. 













Different shades of colour enhance the contours on the cheeks.













It's still not right. The nose is twisted and a bit too long.












It's getting better but the jaw line needs adjusting.The background needs more gesso in order to shorten the jaw.


Just the right ear and left cheekbone to sort out before finalising the colours and filling in the shoulders.


Such a lot of concentration and looking needed, but I'm really enjoying the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...