Sunday 12 December 2021

Alf's portrait - Almost there

 

Today is Day 4 of seriously concentrating on Alf's portrait. The latest news about Omicrom has put everyone's Christmas plans at risk - as far as travelling to loved ones is concerned. I find concentrating on the painting a great help to keep my mind away from the 'what ifs'. I had a really bad night last night and slept until after noon. Even then, it was 2.30 before I persuaded myself to get out of bed and start work.



I think I may have got to the stage where I will have to stop tinkering. I've filled in the background again (burnt umbre and white) and started to work on the shoulders. 










For a first portrait, it's not at all bad. There's something about the eyes that says 'Alf'. I also think that the colourful pop-art style suits him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...