Friday 12 November 2021

Watercolour class

 



Today we were mainly blending colours again and attempted a painting in the style of Monet's Westminster Bridge, Sunset.

Using only reds, yellows, and blues, limited the pallet with which we could work. Everyone created something unique, and made a good attempt at capturing the mood of the sunset over the Houses of Parliament.








I had great fun, not even attempting a straightforward copy. For a start, I made the sky stormy and added the building in a different place. At one point, I forgot where the Thames began and ended and just used my brushes to create an effect. Kate, our Tutor, said mine was very Impressionistic.












It looks quite good in a frame - my first watercolour.









We worked on dry paper but next week we're going to do some skies and seas using wet on wet technique. Then I can have a go at creating a watercolour version of Longshore Fishing. 








In the meantime, I'm going to adjust the colours on the acrylic version, before adding the details.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...