Wednesday 17 November 2021

Going backwards?

 

Mixed day today. I started off dreading the work needed to find out where my BP prescription had ended up. Was it still at the surgery, awaiting attenton, or had it been ovelooked at the pharmacy when I picked up the other meds, yesterday?

The sun was shining and the first bright event was that the pharmacy assistant answered the phone. The meds were there and ready for collection. I took Alf with me into town. There was some nonesense about having to wait for delivery from the supplier, but nothing was mentioned yesterday.

I walked with Alf, in the sunshine, and met a woman with her French bulldog (or was it an American bulldog - I can never tell the difference). Anyway, Beano (!) was charming and convinced I had treats in my pocket. He and Alf got on very well and my mood improved.


Back home, I had lunch and did some more painting of The Cat. (Alf got bored and had a nap on the sofa) I'm sure the paints with this kit are far inferior to the first one. They're not as vibrant and lack depth of tone. The paintbrushes are certainly rubbish and shedding hairs faster than I could ever imagine. I've started using my own brushes.





Anyway, during the bad last week, I had this insane idea that I 'need' a dedicated studio in the garden. Complete madness of course. I live alone in a house that has more rooms than I need. Still, I'm going to keep the consultation appointment next week (video) and will see if the company make me an offer I can't refuse. I've even thought about replacing the shed with the smallest studio they can provide. The decider will be if the space the shed occupies can be used without compromising the entrance to the garden from the yard.








I like the idea of a separate room in which to be creative. One that overlooks the garden and can be used all year round, freeing up storage space inside the house.

The bedroom studio is cramped and, when the weather is cold, I work in the conservatory which is solar-heated. 










Having a studio in a bedroom doesn't motivate me. I rarely go in there as it's dark and cold. So, I never see the work I've been doing in class, which reminds me that I'm not completely hopeless at painting, and I forget the joy that it can bring. 

The 'hard week', made me lose confidence and I resorted to going back to painting by numbers to take my mind off my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...