Wednesday 10 November 2021

Original Painting - Longshore Fishing

 

I made a start on the Longshore Fishing canvas this afternoon. I don't know why I started with acrylics. I haven't any experience with mixing acrylics colours.



I had marked out the canvas a couple of days ago. Day 1 has been spent laying down the sky, sea, and beach. I'm not altogether satisfied with some of the colours and really should have stopped before putting in some of the detail. However, my experience with acrylics is that, unlike watercolours, the shades can be adjusted once the paint has dried. 





This canvas is much smaller than the others I have done, just A4, and I am finding it much more difficult to work with less space.




Tomorrow, I have another session with my GP,  so I may not get around to tinkering with it until the weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...