Wednesday 19 January 2022

Into the unknown

 



My next painting is very much out of my comfort zone. It's based on a photograph I took of the erosion close to Southwold Beach. With each rock fall, more of the structure of the cliff is revealed. It's colourful and full of movement of the layers. Quite a challenge.








I played around with the colours in a photo-editing app and managed (more by luck than design) to create something rather special. I hope I can do it justice. 

I've marked out the watercolour paper and put masking fluid on the relevant lines.

I'm hoping I can paint this in sections, starting with the house in jeapordy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...