Sunday 16 October 2022

Murphy

 When I was a child, my Dad's nickname for me was Murphy - or Spud. He used to take me to watch Manchester City play. A footballer who once played for the team, and England. William Murphy (23 May 1894 – 11 June 1975), often known as Spud Murphy, was an English footballer who played as a winger for Manchester City, Southampton, Oldham Athletic and Tranmere Rovers.

I was thrilled when Kate told me the name of her new puppy - Murphy.




Looking at the photos the breeder sent, I noticed a similarity with my dog, Whiskey.











Day 1 




I decided to try a watercolour in a similar style of that I'd used for the portrait of Whiskey







Day2





It didn't quite turn out as planned. 











Day 3



Bold strokes of colour served for the outline and wavy coat.










Day 4





The features needed a more detailed approach.











Finished and Framed - 16/10/2022





Found the perfect frame.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...