Sunday 23 October 2022

Launch a Memory

 

When the RNLI wrote inviting me to remember Eamonn on a new  Shannon Class Lifeboat, to be launched at Wells next the Sea, I didn't hesitate. The invite came in time for Eamonn's birthday, 2021. 



The Duke of Edinburgh was launched in September, and made its way to Wells in October. 






Day 1 20 October 2022


I started an A5 watercolour of the still from the video of the boat's arrival at Wells at the Get Painting group. It is the first time I've attempted to paint an object. Given my lack of drawing skills, I was worried about if I could capture the spirit of the lifeboat in action.





Day 2 23/10/2022



I let the colours do the work and filled in the details right at the end.

Rather pleased with the way it turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...