Friday 26 November 2021

Carpe Diem

 

For the past couple of days, I've been feeling off (more off than usual). This morning, things became completely out of control. I lost my address book (hard copy and digital) and am struggling to re-build it from scratch. 

Then, just before I was due to leave for the Introduction to Watercolour's final class, I couldn't find my phone. Eamonn always warned me not to go out without it. I phoned from the landline and it went straight to voice-mail. This told me that the battery was dead and there was no way to locate the phone from its ringing. I phoned the Settlement and told them I couldn't make the class. Tears ensued.





After lunch, I decided to continue working on Cat V2, but another project caught my attention. I'd decided to paint a portrait of Alf in the style of the Cat. I already had the photo I was going to use for reference, and thought I'd do some digital manipulation to see how things might work out.












First, I cropped the image to a head-and-shoulders and play with the pixels to create a 'painting'.

The colour intensity will be the guide for the blocks of coour in the painting itself.









Then I played with the style of painting. I know which one I favour but choose your favourite.


1












2












3






4















5













The hard part will be marking the canvas to guide the paintbrush without stifling freedom. 








Alf's portrait will have to wait until i have finished Cat V2 









and Long Shore Fishing.








Working in a medium with which I am familiar (digital imagery) has helped regain my equilibrium.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...