Wednesday 29 December 2021

Beach Huts Progress

 




Day 1. Laying down the sky, sea, and sand










Day 2. Blocking in the huts.





Day 3. Starting to add details and foreground vegetation.






I'm still finding working in watercolour very challenging. It's extremely frustrating to find that adding details after the paint is dry is damaging the paper. The use of masking tape is also lifting the earlier layer of paint, and, in some cases, a layer of paper. I bought low adherent. I think I will resort to masking fluid from now on, even though that's quite difficult to control.


Original photo, using digital editor





Day 4 - Continuing to add details of vegetation, paving, and beach.









Day 5, - repairing the damage with Gesso, painting over the gesso, and adding the finishing details









Day 5 finishing and choosing frame.






New Frame







Gave this to a friend as a housewarming gift for her new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...