Saturday 1 January 2022

The Beachcomber

 




I've started a new A3 acrylic painting. It's based on a photo of Eamonn, taken in happier times. First, I laid the acrylic ground colour.  A change from burnt umber and white, this is burnt umber, aquamarine, and white. It's a pale grey/blue, painted onto a ground of three layers of gesso to wipe the failed sketch of Alf.










Next, I added the outlines, marking them with masking fluid. I needed just the horizon, seashore line, and Eamonn's silhhouette marked. 









I'm planning to use the style I tried for Alf's portrait, rather than a straight copy of the original photo. For this reason, I have printed it in black and white as my guide. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...