Sunday 19 December 2021

Bon courage mon ami

 


The portrait of Alf has been in the sitting room, beside the Cat for a few days now. I've studied it to try and work out what is wrong. By comparing it with the original black and white photo, I finally worked it out. The nose ( righthand side when viewing the portrait) is too wide.







Using my free picture editing app, I corrected it and am very pleased with the result. 

The thing that concerns me is that if I attempt to correct the painting, I will totally wreck it. Mr Google to the rescue. If I am careful,and take it slowly, it can be done.






By using very fine sandpaper, you should gently sand the area that you want to paint over and correct it.

Sometimes you may find that some of the paint layers beneath the top one are still wet. Should this be the case, you can use a paint knife or any of the other tools mentioned for removing wet oil paint to remove the wet layers.

You should continue to remove the paint until you reach the surface that you have been painting on.

You can then use a damp cloth (damp with water for acrylics) to remove any paint or dust that has been left behind. This prevents any unwanted textures or tints from affecting the painting.

You should then allow the area that you have worked on to dry before attempting to do anything else. Due to you using acrylic paint, the area should dry relatively quickly.

Once the area has dried, apply two layers of titanium white. You should allow these layers to properly dry before attempting anything further.

Once the layers of titanium white have dried, you can resume with the painting. You can correct the mistake by painting over the area you have just worked on.

I hope that includes adjusting the background sufficiently well enough so that it looks as if it was painted first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely end to a bad start

Today, I had planned a local day out in the Romahome. I am getting it ready for the trip to Suffolk. The day got off to a bad start. I packe...